Regional Channel Sales Manager
Last Date of Application
22 January 2022
Job Title: Regional Channel Sales Manager
Company: EarthEnable, Incorporated
Reports to:Chief Operating Officer
Location: Kigali with 50-70% regional travel to other countries of operation and rural districts within those countries
Timeframe: Open Ended contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Click Here to Apply
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that the best ideas can come from any part of the company, and that failure is necessary for success. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free home means more than good health. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers most treasure: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building housing products: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda and Uganda. 62% of Rwandans and Ugandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 80% cheaper than concrete with 96% less carbon emissions. Our earthen floors are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite) and sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished. EarthEnable trains and certifies micro-franchisees who run their own businesses selling and installing the floors in their communities. EarthEnable has already enabled 65,000 people to live on clean, beautiful floors across Rwanda and Uganda, and has big plans to scale across East Africa and beyond in the coming years.
About the Role
The successful applicant for this role will be a commercially experienced individual with a proven ability to establish and manage networks, identify and drive new business opportunities, and achieve sales and revenue goals within a defined business line. This will involve realizing new business opportunities through partnerships with NGOs, institutions and cooperatives in Rwanda, Uganda, and Kenya.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for driving research & delivering intelligence that will inform proposition development for Alternative Channels including but not limited to MFI’s / Saccos and Institutional Business.
- Set short and long-term channel strategies.
- Build and manage a network of NGOs, Faith Based Organizations, Agricultural Organizations, Social Enterprises, or Saccos, MFIs and Chamaas, corporate and government sales.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for new business including:
- Closure of sales projects within approved timelines
- Revenue realization per sales vertical
- Relationship management
- Responsible for developing & deploying business propositions to potential channel partners that will convert to revenue.
- Overall responsibility to offer support to the district leads. This will involve preparing quotations, price negotiation documentation, and ultimately project /account management for our partnerships.
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address partnership needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary stakeholders
- Manage potential channel conflict with other sales verticals by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business administration; masters degree preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in selling products in a B2B environment with a proven track record in sales, business development, and successful partner relationships
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- PC proficiency, with knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work with teams, strong interpersonal skills enabling connections with people at various levels of seniority both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates inspirational leadership that motivates and engages others. Leads and develops high performing teams where everyone feels valued and contributes to the continued success of the organisation. Acts as a role model; inspires people to act.
- Ability to translate strategy into action and drive tenaciously and innovatively for outstanding results. Displays creativity in avoiding problems, reacting quickly and decisively to deal with risks and opportunities.
- Ability to develops and maintains effective collaborative relationships and networks with strategic contacts and key stakeholders
- Strong alignment with EarthEnable’s values:
- Take pride in our impact on health. Work passionately to change the way people live.
- Set the bar for customer care. Exceed their expectations every step of the way.
- Work hard and work together to achieve our most ambitious goals and dreams.
- Be resourceful and responsible with money; our impact depends on it.
- Treat everyone with fairness, empathy, and concern with which we expect to be treated.
- Trust each other to have the humility to support and the vulnerability to be supported.
NB: Women are encouraged to Apply
Click Here to Apply
The deadline: 22nd January 2022.